January 27, 2013
Starting tomorrow, I will be creating 3 blog features every week:
- Monday Morning Movie - I will shoot a brief video to share a concept around innovation. This, as you probably guessed, will run Monday mornings.
- Tuesday Transcription - A transcription of the Monday Morning Movie.
- Wednesday Work Wisdom - This feature will be an article which discusses a concept specifically for the workplace. It might be about innovation. But it could also be about entrepreneurship or success.
- Thursday Travel Tip - From time to time I will share an insight I have learned from my millions of miles of business travel.
- Friday Fun Facts - I want to close the week with some useful, yet fun information that will carry you through the weekend. Sometimes they will be interesting facts. And other times, they might just be something fun or funny.
Everything will be related to innovation, creativity, or success; anything that helps you as an organization or individual tap into your full potential. And everything will provide new insights that will lead to new actions that will deliver new results.
P.S. As part of this redesign, the newsletter will also change to an every other week format that summarizes these features and more.
September 15, 2012
The October issue of SUCCESS Magazine recently hit the news stands. The cover story – Innovate or Die - is 3 pages dedicated my perspectives on how to innovate more effectively. If you get the physical copy (with CD), you will also find a 23 minute audio interview with me and the publisher, Darren Hardy.
In the article I answer six critical questions:
- What would be your one piece of advice for a small-business owner or entrepreneur who wants to be more innovative?
- Why do you believe expertise is the enemy of innovation?
- Why should you work with people who are not like you?
- What should someone look for in partnerships?
- What is the #1 cause of innovation failure?
- Is innovation always about creating products and services that are better and faster?
Read the entire article on SUCCESS.com (only until October 11)
If you find the article of value, please “like” it (Facebook), “tweet it” and share it with your friends. I want to make the article the most popular article in this issue!
July 27, 2012
I just received my copy of “Best Practices Are Stupid” in Dutch. More translations are on their way!
June 22, 2012
March 26, 2012
Currently, Best Practices are Stupid is the best selling business book in Canada.