Some Creative Inventions from Asia

January 31, 2007

I love creative ideas. And although these pictures have been floating around the internet, I still find them very amusing. Click on the thumbnail to get the full size image. Enjoy.

Creative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative AsiaCreative Asia

10 Responses to “Some Creative Inventions from Asia”

1. Rolande on February 11th, 2007 1:50 pm

Wow! When I was a kid I had thought about inventing that umbrella with the clear skirt. Just goes to show that if you don’t do anything about your ideas, someone else will.

2. mattielover on January 23rd, 2008 6:34 pm

wow i think that is amazing how things are invented and that shows me that if i have any ideas to share them to the world and not to one person cause then they could do it them selves

3. anna on January 7th, 2009 4:59 pm

i like that butter stick

4. asiah on January 12th, 2009 10:45 am

cool but those are the dumbest inventions ever those are so stupid my 2 year old son would laugh and say mommy those are so weird!!!

5. Stephen Shapiro on January 12th, 2009 2:25 pm

For those who are not aware, these are not serious inventions. They are called Chindogu.

According to Wikipedia, this is “the Japanese art of inventing ingenious everyday gadgets that, on the face of it, seem like an ideal solution to a particular problem. However, Chindōgu has a distinctive feature: anyone actually attempting to use one of these inventions, would find that it causes so many new problems, or such significant social embarrassment, that effectively it has no utility whatsoever.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chindogu.

Funny and creative regardless.

6. Kat on March 6th, 2009 11:38 pm

I have created a mathematical formula that can take any moment in time and transform it into a melody. What do you think about that? The moment you were born… there is a melody for that. The moment the Berlin wall fell… there is a melody for that. The moment your first grandchild was born, there is a birthsong.

7. coda on March 16th, 2009 10:37 am

wat-in-da-only-god-knows in u usein a butterie glue stick fo?

8. John on March 30th, 2009 9:23 am

i really want some toilet paper on my head

9. Teresa Booth on March 31st, 2009 7:22 am

Wow. A fan to cool your ramen off with. Nice.

10. Lancie Growleb on April 19th, 2010 5:00 pm

Haha these are really random, but kinda cool cuz i would have never thought about these!!! ;)